• You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soap, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first five days, as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
• Use a gentle face cleanser and avoid the treatment areas.
• If the area does get wet, pat dry very gently with a clean towel or tissue.
• DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
• DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
• Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
• NO swimming pools, Jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks.
Exposure to the sun over tim can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine. Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
If you have ever had cold sores or herpes simplex in the past it is important that you continue to use medication for 7 days after your lip treatment, as you did 3 days before. This will help prevent an outbreak, which causes discomfort and could result in colour loose or scarring